Tuesday 9 October 2012

Happy Feet

One thing I love about Strictly is the transformation that the celebrities undergo the further they proceed in the contest.  For reasons best only known to my obscure mind, this makes me recall something I once read in a self help book:

"Think about all of those home-makeover shows you see on TV where the house starts off in a shambles.  The plumbing doesn't work, the foundation is giving way, and it's just a dirty, sad and broken place.  Then the team comes in and rebuilds it, restores it - they make it a palace that brings people to their knees (in a good way, not by hitting them in the legs with a four-by-four).  Even the house can't believe what's happened.  Well that house is you. That's what you want to be"
From: It's Called a Break Up Because Its Broken

Last week when Jerry Hall declared "I feel like Happy Feet", I thought "me too", but rather because my feet are literally starting to look like they belong to a penguin (I do have more toes but I would give them a good run for their money in the thick skin, hairy, callous stakes; second perhaps only to a hobbit).



Whilst my feet are like the house in desperate need of repair; this post is also for Victoria Pendleton who seemed broken after her week one performance (please note: I am not tarring her with the same penguin feet slur, not that there is anything wrong with penguin feet - they work well for penguins afterall). Anyway, the moment that Darcey commented Victoria needed to feel a connection with the dance floor, I thought that in addition to Darcey's suggestion of shorter heels,  she would benefit from a lovely footbath, with Dr.Hauschka Bath Oils.

I also recalled a picture posted on Grace Emmerson's Hauschka site, of some very happy feet, together with the most beautiful quote that reminds me to keep my reparation focus on love and respect (I once went to a Cowshed Spa where they produced the equivalent of an industrial sander to buff my feet to oblivion..but that is a taking the DIY analogy too far!).

"Now when I look in the mirror I look with fondness and not loathing' a client recently said. I was deeply touched by this most poignant feedback. The philosophy behind Dr.Hauschka skin care is about our 'true beauty'; the reflection of our individuality. So different from the usual beauty industry message that we will never be good enough. Truly holistic beauty therapy to nurture the skin and much much more. Why choose anything less? "

 
Serendipitously, there is currently a 10% discount on all Dr.Hauschka Baths and Bath Care Kits up until 11.59pm on 12 October 2012 (To claim the discount simply use the promotional code: FB1012 online or with their customer services team on 01386 791 022)

Here are the Dr.Hauschka team recommendations:

Rosemary – the intensive warming qualities of Rosemary increases the body’s internal warmth, invigorating the body and improving mental concentration.
Lavender – after a long day, Lavender gently warms and relaxes as it helps you to let go.
Spruce - promoting deep breathing, Spruce brings a renewed sense of calmness.
Lemon – if you’re feeling the lack of sunlight, Lemon refreshes and awakens the senses.
Sage – after physical exertion, Sage enlivens the body and clears the mind.



I am going to follow up my footbath with some Fitness Foot Balm and some Neem Nail Oil - hopefully my feet will be the happy dancing type again soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment